Fuck You Bill Maher. Fuck you. - MAS International News

Fuck You Bill Maher. Fuck you.

I have watched Bill Maher for quite some time. Ive enjoyed his show despite the fact that I disagree with him on many many things. I enjoy having an open mind, listening to people who disagree with me, engaging in civil dialogue to explore theoretical topics, all that bullshit.

But Im beyond that now Bill--fuck you.

I cant believe I saw an entire panel defend rapists, misogynists, and the gruesome things done by Armie Hammer. I cant believe I saw an entire panel, that was in front of an enthusiastically clapping audience, victim blame women who have described rape, torture, and various terrible events. I cant believe the response on the Maher sub is "who even is Armie Hammer?" and my personal favorite "who cares?"

Fuck that--I care. I care about these women and their experience.

Bill spent the whole show fucking complaining. He thinks he has more right to complain about local municipal issues than women have to complain about men abusing them? He has more of a right to complain about "cancel culture" than the women have to complain that they were abused?

I cant believe I heard a panelist say the carved "A" in a woman's side was "small, like a tattoo" and isnt a problem. I cant believe Bill Maher said "Armie is an alpha shark what do you expect." The entire conversation was unbelievable.

But of course, its perfectly believable. As a rape victim I recognize this rhetoric. It's rhetoric that most of us (even those of us not personally brutalized by rape or abuse) recognize. Its something we have heard time and again. We have heard it from colleagues (dont report that assault to HR, youll make yourself a target), from our government ("they just let you do it--you can grab them by the pussy--you can do anything".), from our entertainment (hi bill).

I have been open-minded, patient, etc. Something that has NOT been returned by the host--Bill will blame "cancel culture" for any backlash here. He will refuse to take blame, he will refuse to educate himself or to learn.

So fuck you Bill. Fuck you.

Edit--Im on mobile. Sorry for any incomplete thoughts/weird formatting or grammatical errors.

submitted by /u/undisclosedinsanity to r/TwoXChromosomes
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/39XYslh
Previous article
Next article

Leave Comments

Post a Comment

Articles Ads

Articles Ads 1

Articles Ads 2

Advertisement Ads