After 4 attempts, I'm giving up on ever finishing the Wheel Of Time series. What book/ series have you given up on? - MAS International News

After 4 attempts, I'm giving up on ever finishing the Wheel Of Time series. What book/ series have you given up on?

I'm a massive fantasy reader and WOT ticks all my boxes. I love the characters and the world. But I just can't. I've never made it past book 8, even tried the audio books. I've tried skimming and chapter summaries. I know how it ends and it sounds amazing. I want to get there so badly...

But I can't get past the slog. From about the 3rd book a pattern develops where the first 1/3 of the book is a recap /rehash, middle 1/3 is a very slow build up, and then the final 1/3 is bloody amazing. I cannot slog through 2/3 of a 1000 page book to get to the good part, and I especially cannot do it for multiple books....

I was about 200 pages into book 7... and then decided to read Salem's Lot instead. Loved it from start to finish. No slog. Life's too short. Read what makes you happy.

submitted by /u/ChillBlossom to r/books
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/32YYngo
Previous article
Next article

Leave Comments

Post a Comment

Articles Ads

Articles Ads 1

Articles Ads 2

Advertisement Ads