I find my transgender friends tiring to be around... - MAS International News

I find my transgender friends tiring to be around...

Before we even start, I obviously have nothing against transgender people, their life choices, etc. I have a couple of friends who over the past 2 year have come out as transgender and I couldn't be happier for them, since they have a more positive outlook on life. But as time went on, especially with my male-to-female friends, I started to find their behaviour slightly annoying. The overly fake higher pitch voices they put on, the behaviour is sickenly flowery and over the top, the constant need for recognition and attention, the immediate drama when so utter something slightly critical or that collides with their way of thinking, the over dramatisation of every aspect of their life and their ongoing need for validation of their "struggle". I might sound tone deaf but I know them and they never had to fight for anything in their life and now that they transitioned, they sound like they have to fight in trenches of an ongoing war against the world. Sorry for the rant, Happy New Year.

EDIT: Didn't think this was going to gain that much traction. Thanks for the awards and the ongoing discussion down in the comments. And also thank you to the people privat messaging me, calling me "bigot", "transphobic", etc., since you are highlighting exactly what happens when you have an opinion that doesn't follow the current zeitgeist.

EDIT2: Since there seems to be a lot generalisation going on below, let me clarify: I am talking about some of my trans friends specifically and am not generalising the entire community.

EDIT3: I will obviously not go into detail about the who/what/where. I did not intend for this to become such a huge post which is why this was made with a throwaway account. I have and will continue to support my trans friends on their path but I will also distance myself a bit more from those who I can't currently kin with. This post was me ranting about a specific thing in my life and not a general attack on the trans community (even though some will frame it that way).

EDIT4: Thank you for reporting me to u/RedditCareResources. I know you had my best interests at heart. <3

submitted by /u/TooSaltyRaider to r/TrueOffMyChest
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/3sJlsOS
Previous article
Next article

Leave Comments

Post a Comment

Articles Ads

Articles Ads 1

Articles Ads 2

Advertisement Ads