AITA for accusing my best friend of pedophilia? - MAS International News

AITA for accusing my best friend of pedophilia?

First time writing here, could really use some advice

I (28F) have been friends with "Keith" (27M) for 13 years. We dated for a few years, broke up a couple years ago, and stayed friends after our breakup.

Recently he's been going on dates with various women, one of which he was in a very abusive relationship with for 3 weeks, before he decided to break up with her a few weeks ago. He swore he wouldn't date again for another year or 2 because of the trauma he endured with that woman.

That was until he came to me and mentioned that he was talking to someone, just a week after the breakup. He told me that he was talking to a mutual online gaming friend of ours (18F) and that they had started dating after he drunkenly confessed his feelings to her. He went on to say that he has had a crush on her since she was 16 and that he thought she was cute back then, but didnt want to pursue anything with her until she was of legal age.

I immediately felt so grossed out after hearing that. I told him I didn't think it was a good idea because of the age gap, lack of life experience, and that it felt like he would be taking advantage of her.

He said she was so mature for her age, that they just clicked, and that love just happens. He also said that he can't help who he falls in love with.

We've had multiple conversations about this, and he sees nothing wrong with what he's doing. I can't look at him the same. I told him he was basically a pedophile in my eyes and that I was disappointed in him. He told me that it would be my fault if our friendship ended over this. Was I too harsh? Is a 9 year age gap normal under these circumstances?

submitted by /u/tragediesafoot to r/TwoHotTakes
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/B9c6Gzx
Previous article
Next article

Leave Comments

Post a Comment

Articles Ads

Articles Ads 1

Articles Ads 2

Advertisement Ads