You can call me whatever you want, but I genuinely hate it when artists do that.
| I'm in favor of representation, and honestly the woman in the first image is very attractive in my opinion. I really hate it when they do that to the character. the worst of all is that she is a Japanese icon. She represents that country a lot. You wouldn't be very happy if someone took Black Panther and turned him into an obese middle-aged white man who only wears a Black Panther uniform. the worst of all is that this is an attempt at cultural payment because she is not just a character she represents Japan. They change a character's appearance so much just to cram in as much minority representation as possible. completely altering the character and transforming her until she's practically unrecognizable, save for a few details. If it weren't for the big blue hair, you wouldn't even know it was a version of Miku? Edit: Guys, forgive me for the second image if you found it offensive, but I have a few things to add. First of all, I’m not here to judge the artist's work; she draws really well and is very talented, I don't want to attack her personally. I also want to say that the argument about there being multiple versions of the character isn't really valid. Even though other versions exist, you can still tell they are alternate versions of that character. I'm sorry, but take away the long, colorful hair, and it just looks like an OC. There’s a sarcastic comment saying: "God forbid people want to draw characters that look like them, right?" The problem is, that sarcasm doesn't make for a very good argument, because if you want to create a character that represents you, then make an OC. You don't need to transform an existing character to represent yourself. What is so hard about creating a completely new character based on yourself? [link] [comments] |
from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/bZoe7pP

Leave Comments
Post a Comment