Boss told me my scarf was ugly and made me take it off. Said I am no longer allowed to drink coffee. - MAS International News

Boss told me my scarf was ugly and made me take it off. Said I am no longer allowed to drink coffee.

She does this every day to the point of making me want to walk out.

First off, I have acne rosacea. I was told I needed to do something about this and I did. While I was working on clearing up my skin, I was criticized and told I need to "hurry up" to clear up my face. She asked every day what medication I am on. I was given creme to put on my face by my boss who is not a doctor.

I have been working at this job for 7 months. Every day I come in, she has something to say about my appearance. Since my skin is now perfectly clear, she has started to comment on my caffeine intake. Yes, I like coffee. I was told I am not allowed to drink more than one cup a day. If I drink more than one cup I am criticized. She even wrote this in my Christmas card. "No Coffee!"

If I bring in Starbucks, I am yelled at.

Yesterday, I came in with clear skin, no caffeine, but was wearing a (what I thought was) cute sweater and scarf. She said the scarf was "too busy" and told me to take it off. She called my co-worker out of her office and had her criticize the outfit choice with her and they both spent about 10 minutes telling me why nothing I wore matched yesterday.

So, I've about had it and if one more person comments about my appearance or coffee consumption I'm going to tell them to fuck right off.

Also, this is a church. I am not a member of the church and never will be. I am the IT department and Administrative Coordinator. I work with a bunch of no-brained old women who can't even figure out how to turn on their computer in the morning.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Edit: To those asking, Prosacea helped with my acne. It is available at Walmart.

Edit: This is a Presbyterian church with no Human Resources or i would escalate it. I'm in an at will state. There is no reason to hire a lawyer.

Last edit: I can't go to the Pastor because the Pastor is the one who is verbally abusing me. I can't go to the Board because her son is head of the board of Directors. Yes, I am quitting. I want to warn everyone to NEVER WORK FOR A CHURCH.

submitted by /u/krammiit to r/antiwork
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/3FXGL32
Previous article
Next article

Leave Comments

Post a Comment

Articles Ads

Articles Ads 1

Articles Ads 2

Advertisement Ads