I Accept My Boyfriend with HSV but He Wouldn't Accept Me if I had it - MAS International News

I Accept My Boyfriend with HSV but He Wouldn't Accept Me if I had it

My (F) boyfriend (M) came forward to tell me he has genital herpes. As soon as he told me this news I went into complete descalation and comfort mode. "We'll figure this out." "This isn't your fault at all." "Thank you for telling me." "We will deal with this together." I fully accepted him and this condition because I know that genital herpes isn't actually that big of a deal health wise. (First break out comes with a fever but mostly it's just the blisters that are the recurring problem). I know it's a fairly common STI that can be treated with medication.

Later on we talk about it. And he tells me that if the roles were reversed, if I had herpes and he for sure didn't, he wouldn't have stayed with me.

I was deeply hurt but I had to respect his decision since it's his health.

But still... it really hurts me that he wouldn't do the same.

I'm just looking for someone to help me rationalize this in my head. Not looking for who's right or who's wrong. I just don't want to feel upset about it anymore.

Edit: Clarification on some things.

He didn't cheat on me. He didn't know he had HSV before dating me. He got a flare up of blisters and immediately stopped any dangerous contact with me before he told me.

By "I wouldn't be with you if you had HSV." He meant it as praise, marveling at how open minded I was. But then that made me ask him "If the roles were reversed. If I had the blisters and you didn't. What would you do." And he said he wouldn't want to be with me and get it, so he would end things. He said he wouldn't even want me to get it. He thinks this is going to give anyone who has it blisters ALL OVER their face and genitals.

submitted by /u/walkingdeadchick to r/TwoXChromosomes
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/3G8BvcG
Previous article
Next article

Leave Comments

Post a Comment

Articles Ads

Articles Ads 1

Articles Ads 2

Advertisement Ads