I'm moving to the US and I'm slighty terrified - MAS International News

I'm moving to the US and I'm slighty terrified

Okay so to start off, I'm 25(F) from a western country that is in a better state than the US currently. My fiancé (25M) wants me to move to the US and live there since he believes it's the better option. I have a bachelors degree and have been working in my chosen industry for the past 1.5 years. I'm really hoping finding similar work in the states won't be too difficult. My partner has already locked down a decent job with good pay and purchased a house. I'm not opposed to moving, but the more research I do, the more I worry. The number of mass shootings I see in the news terrifies me and make me worry. Since I want kids, that makes me even more worried and want to raise them in an environment where they don't have to do drills in case of a school shooting.

Roe v Wade worries me for my future as a woman in the US. I do want kids, but also want a choice of when we have them. I don't want the government deciding that I have to carry a baby to full term, especially if it puts my life at risk. While my fiancé is a centre, right leaning Christian, he isn't against abortion and said he'd pay to fly me to a state that legalises them if we do need one.

I plan on moving to the US within the next year. I won't be working for the first six months and will be in charge of the chores, essentially a housewife. It's due to the process but I'm not sure how I feel about that dynamic.

I guess I just have a lot of concerns and I'm not sure if they're justified or I'm overthinking. Am I making a mistake by moving to the US?

Edit: I'm going to sleep now but I appreciate all of your comments and advice. I'm reading each one and will continue tomorrow. It is truly helpful for me to learn and hear from your own experiences/perspectives. Sorry if I haven't responded to you yet.

Also to clarify, my fiance is an American already living in Arizona when we met & I have been to Arizona (albeit not in summer)

submitted by /u/secretsnfeelings to r/TwoXChromosomes
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/gYtqJTR
Previous article
Next article

Leave Comments

Post a Comment

Articles Ads

Articles Ads 1

Articles Ads 2

Advertisement Ads