Is my english teacher right? - MAS International News

Is my english teacher right?

Is my english teacher right?

I'm German.

We just had 'globish' as our subject in english class. It's a version of the english language with only 1k words, so that it is easy to learn and understand by everyone.

Now my teacher showed us the following cartoon

https://preview.redd.it/moncmcyogid91.png?width=498&format=png&auto=webp&s=6c279d9ed11f472b7ce2308a02f78f6a0333fa27

and claimed that a casual english speaking person would often use the sentence on the left:

"Would you please be so kind as to point me in the direction of the premises where I will find some relief?"

rather than something like : "Can you show me where the toilets are?".

I tried debating with her, but she insisted that it is a normal sentence that most people use.

Is she right?

submitted by /u/jaybee18OnReddit to r/CasualUK
[link] [comments]


from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/rIzBleP
Previous article
Next article

Leave Comments

Post a Comment

Articles Ads

Articles Ads 1

Articles Ads 2

Advertisement Ads