What do I say to homeless people? - MAS International News

What do I say to homeless people?

Last night my girl and I were getting McD's around midnight, and it's in an area locally known for having a lot of homeless people around. A guy ran up and asked for any cash so his friend could eat who hadn't eaten in days. It felt off but I had 3 bucks on me and, if he was telling the truth, it'd get him a cheeseburger. So I gave it to him and he ran off, idk if he got the food. My girl rolled her eyes and said I need to stop believing homeless people asking for cash (this isn't a habit, I just happened to have a little cash i didn't specifically need) and I told her I really don't like lying and saying I don't have cash. So this got me wondering: is it okay to lie to homeless people about having cash when you think they're just trying to get drug/alcohol money? I'd still feel bad for assuming they weren't legit people needing food.

Edit: Holy hell y'all blew this up. I appreciate the responses! I always try to help people when I can but I'm a college student and extra cash isn't readily available to me lol.

submitted by /u/SnipaXKiller747 to r/NoStupidQuestions
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/WShpAU4
Previous article
Next article

Leave Comments

Post a Comment

Articles Ads

Articles Ads 1

Articles Ads 2

Advertisement Ads