When did students stop caring about getting a drivers license? - MAS International News

When did students stop caring about getting a drivers license?

When I was in high school, we counted the days until we could drive. Now so many students don’t get a license. I don’t think it’s the cost (at least in my area) … they just are completely content having people drive them and don’t want the responsibility. We wanted the freedom. And they can’t be bothered. I… don’t… get… it…

Edit: so, I hear you and I understand the logistical reasons: cars are expensive, dangerous, we have Uber now. But kids still don’t want to get in a car with friends and get away from their parents? Go to a concert or the beach or on a road trip? I’ve asked students why the don’t have licenses, but asking if they want to be free to go where they want with their friends would lead to angry parent phone calls, or being fired.

submitted by /u/Ok_Stable7501 to r/Teachers
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/KXQuLRE
Previous article
Next article

Leave Comments

Post a Comment

Articles Ads

Articles Ads 1

Articles Ads 2

Advertisement Ads